"Plant" this quick and easy no-bake Easter treat for kids!
- 10 strawberries with greens attached
- 6 oz white chocolate
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, vegan butter or coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp whipping cream or 1 tbsp milk alternative
- Yellow and Red all natural food dye
- 2 cups Choco Chimps cereal
- Melt white chocolate, butter (or alternate ingredient), and whipping cream (or milk alternative) in short bursts in the microwave (20-30 seconds) or set a heatproof bowl above (but not touching the bottom) a pot of simmering water.
- Remove from heat and add yellow and red natural dye until desired orange colour is created.
- Holding the strawberries by the leaves (and the small stem if they have one) dip into melted chocolate. Set on a piece of non-stick paper or on a cooling rack with non-stick paper underneath. Place in fridge and chill for 10-15 minutes or until chocolate firms.
- Assemble by placing “carrots” in Choco Chimps cereal (aka garden soil).
Samantha Gutmanis is a mom, wife, and always hungry. She spends her days with her three adorable daughters; cherishing every small moment with them. Samantha blogs over at My Kitchen Love and posts scrumptious photos at @MyKitchenLove. Life’s big celebrations and humble everyday moments often revolve around food, and brings her tremendous joy to cook for these occasions. It’s a good day when food, family and friends intersect. May you find inspiration in these recipes to create joyful moments for those you love!