Every time you buy one of Nature’s Path’s EnviroKidz products, 1% of the sales are donated to support endangered species, habitat conservation, and environmental education for kids worldwide. To date, we have raised over $2.3 million to help our partnering organizations with their educational and protection efforts!
Did you know…?
- Pandas have evolved special features to help them eat their favorite food, bamboo: strong jaws, large molars, and a "thumb" (actually modified wrist bone) that helps them hold the bamboo while they eat!
- Pandas have a very good sense of smell – even at night, they can find the best bamboo stalks by scent.
- A mother panda holds her cub to her chest, much like a human mother.
- Pandas do not hibernate because their bamboo diet will not allow them to build up enough fat reserves for the winter.
- Pandas can stand upright, but their short hind legs aren’t strong enough to support their bodies. A panda’s bones are twice as heavy as the bones of other animals the same size.
Defenders of Wildlife
Defenders of Wildlife, an American nonprofit dedicated to protecting animals and plants in their native habitats. From polar bears in the frozen North, to wild bison roaming grassy plains, to manatees swimming in Florida’s warm coastal currents, Defenders gives a voice to the little guy (even if he’s not always so little). Defenders believes in the inherent value of wildlife and the natural world, and this singular focus defines their place in the environmental and conservation community. They protect and restore endangered species throughout North America by transforming policies and promoting innovative solutions – and this approach makes a lasting difference for wildlife and its habitat.
EnviroKidz funding has helped Defenders of Wildlife protect and rehabilitate keystone species like the endangered gray wolf, the jaguar, and the plains bison. We support Defenders as they represent wildlife and their habitat on the ground, in the courtroom, and people’s hearts. Since our partnership with Defenders began in 2011, we’ve contributed to their mission to educate the public about the value of wildlife in healthy ecosystems, and helped them in their research into endangered species. Defenders initiatives aim to create a world where humans and animals coexist in harmony as friends from afar, and we’re convinced that both our lives and those of the animals they support will be richer for it.
How can you save the pandas?
- Adopt a panda for you or for a friend.
- Join the Defenders of Wildlife online community to learn about volunteer opportunities in your area.
- Talk to your friends and neighbors. Tell them why you support wildlife protection, and help them see how people and wildlife can coexist.
- Call or write your local legislator and get them on your side. Once they become advocates for wildlife protection, they can make positive changes in policy. Defenders has advice on what to say.
- Enjoy EnviroKidz Panda Puffs cereals and crispy rice bars knowing that 1% of sales goes to support these great programs.